Friday, January 22, 2016

Saints and S&H Green Stamps

And so to not saint-i-size myself with the S&H purchases, I need to put down that my life in those days was mostly about how I could impress others (mother-in-law, sister, mom, friends, husband, the world).  At 66, I know that about myself:  my needing the attention, the praise, the pat on the back and children kind of allowed me to have that within my little realm (after all I was the princess).  Being the oldest, I could be the Martha Stewart/Hilary Clinton/Shirley McClain of my clan only because of their allowing me to be.

The shadow of that still haunts me because I still have that in me, the desire to be the ONE.  Often the desire enables my tending to be discounting and demanding.  I have begun with my children to be calmer and to be sure to give positive praise and permission, and with the grandkids even more so...the world will have to do without.

Third Act is about tending to those shadows.  With a heart full of love for the planet, One hopes to authentically grow in truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment